How to Make a Potty Training Bell for your Dog
Before potty training your dog using a bell you’ll-of course, need a bell. Though Amazon sells great bells, some prefer to make their own. Here are instructions for making a beautiful bell to hang in your house for functionality and as a conversation piece.
Potty Bell Supplies
NOTE ABOUT HOOKS: The hook shown was purchased at Hobby Lobby. It’s used upside down from how it would normally be used. Whatever hook you use must have some type of loop that allows for you to hang your bell on and make sure it sticks out far enough to not hinder the bell. We link to one that will work below, on Amazon.
- One bell about 2″ in size Liberty Bells We purchased ours at Hobby Lobby. You can also use a large jingle bell or 2″ cow bell.
- A small wood plaque (we used a 3×5 purchased from Hobby Lobby) Similar plaques (these are a bit larger)
- Paint for plaque. We used Krylon Seaglass Satin.
- A hook that has the correct layout. (We purchased ours at Hobby Lobby.
- Command Strips to hold it
- Silver split ring or ribbon to hold the bell onto the hook.
Rather Buy One?
- Gather the basic supplies.
- Paint the hook and plaque.
- Attach your hook upside down to the top of the plaque.
- Print the “Ring Bell for Service” on the paper or sheets of choice.
- There are a variety of ways to place this on your plaque. You can Mod Podge it on or you can print it on ink jet clear label sheets which is what we did.
- Using Command Strips, hang your bell next to the open edge of your door. Make sure it’s at nose height for your dog.
Now you are ready to teach your dog how to “ring for service”. Bell train your dog by reading our article titled How to Potty Train Your Dog Using a Bell.
Originally posted here: http://ourpeacefulplanet.com/2016/09/28/dog-potty-bell/